The JOSEPHITE tradition started in Bangalore with the opening of St. Joseph’s European High School by the Paris Foreign Mission Fathers in 1858. In 1884, St. Joseph’s College was established. It has grown steadily and today has more than 10,000 students enrolled in the Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, Computer, Law, and Management disciplines in its independent Colleges namely, St. Joseph’s University, St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, St. Joseph’s Evening College, St. Joseph’s College of Law and St. Joseph’s Institute of Management, formerly called as St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration. The Jesuit Fathers, however, came into the picture in 1937 when the Paris Foreign Mission handed over all of Joseph’s Institutions to them.
These Institutions are now under the Management of the Bangalore Jesuit Educational Society, SJIM is the only Jesuit Business School in Bangalore. St. Joseph’s Institute of Management has been conducting Year Evening Management Courses since 1968. The Courses were a great help to the working executives and the Diploma awarded by the College was well accepted by the Corporates. In 1996, the College secured approval from AICTE, New Delhi, for a Two Year Full-Time PGDM Programme. In October 2016, the name of the institute was changed to St. Joseph’s Institute of Management (SJIM) with due approval from AICTE. The college was also shifted to an independent campus in the heart of the city at Webb’s ground, M.G. Road, Bangalore, again with the approval of AICTE. The institute prides itself on a student profile with diverse educational backgrounds and corporate exposure. SJIM is a member of the International Association of Jesuit Business Schools (IAJBS) and the Xavier Association of Management Institutions (XAMI).