Symbiosis Institute of Design offers a Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) undergraduate degree in the period of four years. The course structure includes a common Foundation Program, where all the students are given a grounding in the basic skills and an exposure to the various contextual and historic awareness that all the streams of design require. The students then choose their discipline of choice and will work for the remaining 3 years honing their skills that will allow them to be industry ready at the end of it. Facilities Available SID has excellent, dedicated teaching faculty that have professional experience and mentor the students in every aspect, helping them to develop as skilled and creative designers. The campus is centrally located just 10 minutes away from the airport and 30 minutes away from the railway station. Accommodation facilities are located within walking distance from the campus and there is a dedicated bus service that runs on a circular route that the students can avail of. There are medical and gym facilities on the campus itself. The campus building has all the latest equipment necessary to inspire and facilitate the correct work ethics, a huge library which is one of the best design libraries in the country updated with all the latest books, magazines, films, videos necessary for references. The labs are equipped with the latest software and machines that are used in day to day academics.
- Promoting international understanding through quality education.
- To inculcate the spirit of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ (The world is one family)
- To contribute towards knowledge generation and dissemination
- To promote ethical and value-based learning
- To foster the spirit of national development
- To inculcate cross cultural sensitization
- To develop global competencies amongst students
- To nurture creativity and encourage entrepreneurship
- To enhance employability and contribute to human resource development
- To promote health and wellness amongst students, staff & community
- To instill sensitivity amongst the youth towards community and environment
- To produce thought provoking leaders for the society